“Alright, alright, alright!!”
Lando Calrissian in Star Wars Battlefront is a rebel general and is a new hero added to the Bespin DLC. When people in the early stages started using him, he felt somewhat weak in comparison to other heroes. Many said that his blaster was too weak and that his traits did not generate as much kills as the other hero traits do. However, after listening to well needed feedback from the community, game-makers EA (Electronic Arts) gave Lando a well needed buff. In the July patch that actually released today, there have been signifcant improvements to Lando. Here are his improvements extracted from the full patch which can be found here.
- Lando: Enemies failing the Shocking Trap mini-game will die instantly.
- Lando: Increased the damage dealt to heroes in Shocking Trap from 90 to 100.
- Lando: The Power Blast ability can be cancelled by pressing the activation button again.
- Lando: Power Blast has a slight homing effect when fired towards an enemy.
- Lando: Power Blasts active time has been changed from 7.5 to 5.5 seconds.
- Lando: Power Blasts recharge time has been changed from 17 to 16 seconds.
- Lando: Increased the multiplier chances, RISKTAKER: 2% to 5%, GAMBLER 5% to 10%, HIGH ROLLER 10% to 20%, ****’S ARRAY 25% to 50%.
- Lando’s X8: Increased the start damage from 50 to 63 and the end damage from 30 to 35.
- Lando’s X8: Increased the start damage fall distance from 25 to 40 meters and end damage fall distance from 50 to 70 meters
As from a brief glimpse you can see that almost all his abilities and his weapon have been upgraded. It makes sense to not upgrade his disruption ability since it had a nerf in this patch as well. Personally, after using him after the patch, he feels much better to use and his weapon feels like a slightly lesser version of Greedo’s in regards to his trait. Lando can become really good to use if he reaches the higher levels of his trait and will feel like the alliance/rebel version of Greedo in Star Wars Battlefront.
What are your thoughts?